Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ONLY 3 more days left

I had only one day for eid but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying myself. My first eid as a wife and the interesting part is. We were hosting for the event. I woke up feeling sleepy since the day before I had to stay a bit late in office doing some job which the people’s on leave supposed to do. I could guess from the beginning that the date was just not suitable...a day before eid...a day before public holiday. I wonder why some people are just insensitive to this.

Sadly, I couldn’t take any leave. I chose not to since I only have 3 days left for the year. All I could say, I spent it meaningfully. Shall I say 2010 holidays are the best year in my life? It started with an AWESOME backpacking with two best buddies in Indonesia. Hoping from places to places in Yogyakarta, Solo, Bali and Lombok. Slept in different bed every night, swam in the sea of the three Gillis in Lombok. Watching the turtles… Snorkeling Without life jacket was an accomplishment to a beginner like me. I just learnt to swim in 2 years. Is still not good enough according to Honey Star L I still get nervous most of the time. Yes, I don’t deny it. I get panic easily especially swimming in the, sea feeling the current pulling me away. But come to think of it how could I be drowned. I was already in the water. Then, the monkeys attack in Bali did give us a nerve wrecking experience but we still have a good laugh whenever the memory flashes into our mind. .stranded in Denpasar, long delayed in Dhaka, cheated in Lombok..all those magnificent scenery... we sure had a good time. Always find ways to cheer ourselves.

Then, of all best travel I enjoyed. Better than solo backpacking in the North island of New Zealand…MY UMRAH in the holly land. A place that I wish to live forever and maybe others share the same thoughts with me. My umrah was an unplanned one…it started with my mother who longed to visit my father grave. He passed away few days after haj in Jeddah and buried there. My mother told me that she’s going to Mecca with her friends. I was skeptical about it, especially about her health. I just couldn’t let her on her own. I asked her to wait till the end of the year so that we could go with my ill brother. She insisted and I gave up. Then, a friend told me “Go with her!” and I DID. Two weeks were insufficient. I prayed Friday prayer, jenazah prayer for the first time in my life. Oooo...i wish the culture in my country changed and ladies go to masjid on Friday. We could go but it doesn’t seem to be a common thing. The masjids will be full with men and there will be eyes staring at us, the ladies. I hate to attract attention...gosh!

Alhamdulillah my umrah was smooth experience. I believed that being with my mother made it easy for me. I always had place to pray even in the most crowded place, strangers gave me space after knowing I was with an old lady. I am glad that I went with her and tried my best to assist her. I will never ever allow my mother travel long distant alone except from flying from my hometown to KL. That’s the best thing I could do for her whenever she wanted to come her or even she doesn’t want to come here. J With such tight working schedule, I couldn’t travel back often like before. She has a confirmed ticket for a week holiday in January 2011. All excited to show her my new “HOME”.

My prayers have been granted in short time. MasyAllah! Yes, Allah knows the best, he tested me in ways but he granted me later on.

3 comments:

  1. sister, me and my friend plan for umrah for our graduation trip. i really hope it will happened. pray. pray.. i have to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. insyallah..dont worry, when the time come...just do it. i dint plan mine but Allah did and made it happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete