Monday, November 8, 2010

Touch n' Go

life in the new sector is kindda busy. more or less touch n' go office. the advantage is..my table is less messy of course much more neat than before :)

i was away for 4 days doing research around the city and enjoying early evenings at home. i went late to office the next day..well, not purposely but just need to search for Noor's old dissertation. she's back from Europe for a brief visit. then, my staff called..asking where was I..yikes! any boss was looking for me? i did text my boss for sure. i told her i'll be back before lunch time. she said i need to come and raed up a letter...because i would need to attend 4 days course on the next week. crapss!!! 4 days working days and i would need to spend it elsewhere. couldnt be so bad..i was trying to calm myself.

so i arrived in the office around 11 am. 3 letters on my table. a letter for the course, an internal memo for an internal course dated 16 nov...luckily im spending eid here not my hometown, some people just clueless in finding a good date. i beg it will be changed to other date..hellooo...many will take a day leave before eid, to go back to their hometown or simply to herd the sheep from the farm to the mosques :o and the third letter was from a hotel i contacted for upcoming conference saying they faxed 2 pages of information. i found 1 page only and couldnt be bother to track the other one since the venue has been confirmed.

the following week, there was me..a 4 days course has been shorten to 3 days..suprisingly, the course is so interesting. thanks to the good facilitator and of course the experienced participants. and for once i talked a lot. im the only one from my ministry an i believe i could speak well about my profession. "this is the first time i met a teacher who like teaching'. i smiled proudly and such compliment is appreciated.

another day in office before a long weekend. so i went to the office and feeling so much relief to see no letter or memo on my table. so that whole morning, i spent my time filling the claim form..till it was time to print....i had to use my colleague's printer since i dont have one yet. 22-26nov, the meeting will be in another state..i was like "am i going?" she replied sarcastically..i would bother to tell you if you are not going. i just kept quiet...i dint really want to start using harsh words. let her be...what a miserable prego :P

then..the weekend came...me and Honey Star drove up north to meet Noor, Hamid and Baby Ali. i will write about the holiday later. we had a BLAST!

Today i was late...i dint know why..it's like many people were coming to the centre after long weekend. perhaps many things are delayed and needed to be settled today. Great! 15 minutes late. while i was rushing to take the lift i saw my boss..i said hi and was about to leave. he was asking.."how do i spell your name?" "what? an event to attend in 3 hours?" i had no blinking idea where was the venue. Kuala Lumpur! the traffic congestion scares me.

had to eat breakfast before leaving. event attended by minister normally starts late..so better to fill my guts. Luckily i remembered to pick up some books for Leena from Taheerah.. gave her a call and climbed the stairs..crossed the small street and up to her office...i waited in front of the lift for sometimes..tried to call her but nobody answered...so i had to just go in..yes, sneaked into the office. i dint have the access card anyway. i waited for a staff going into and yesSS!!..i was in. pretend that i was familiar to the place and got to Taheerah's office. so noisy there, it's like they were having some sort of party. since i had no time, i asked Taheerah to google the direction to the event. yes in 2 hours i have to be there.

went back to my block..looked for my senior and asked about the sheep for eid..she would confirm in couple hours.

i hurried to my table. wrapped the present i needed to give to my previous staff and ready to go. on the way out, i went to my former unit, dropped the present, met some friends and off to the event....which only started at 1.20 pm :(

AND I AM ONE OF "THEM"

2 comments:

  1. that's why i always said..enjoy your undergrad years..and guess..i found a letter 2 a meeting tomorrow till friday..yes 3 days away from HoneyStar;( is bad enough

    ReplyDelete