Friday, February 12, 2010

The Beauty of Not SLeePinG

i had sleeping problem recently. since last week and it's getting worse but honestly i couldnt find the cause. couldnt find external problems. i think my life is okay at the moment..just a normal level of stress and i dint drink coffee that much. all that i know..no matter what time i slept..i'll be waking up before 5 am and i couldnt sleep anymore after that. i tried to close my eyes..shutting my eyelids tightly but to no avail. finally i gave up and started my days earlier than usual.

i remembered...when i was younger ..maybe 10 or 12 years old my mother had her own way to help me. She would tell me to close my eyes and to say salawat as much as i could whenever i had the problem. i did that and of course i fell asleep not long after saying the praises. not being able to sleep could be horrible at that age. i definitely dint want to be alone in the dark in such spacious house with lots of doors to empty rooms. the Scary bed Monster could just pop out from any door. going downstairs past my bedtime was a NO NO evethough the TV was still on and my parents were talking. my dad wouldnt like it if i interrupted them and saying i couldnt sleep. i was thinking that they were discussing about our exam result and plotting ways to make our lives difficult.. Only now i realised that no matter what was the agenda. they deserved to have time alone without the children...romantic or non-romantic ways, is not the question.

no lights should be on past bedtime. meant no reading either. basically there's no excuses to go out from the bedroom. "Go to toilet" "drink the water" "before you go to bed!". orders that most of us tried not to break except sometimes..when the boys were having a sugar fit.

as an adult..i rarely had sleeping problem. the more stress i had the better i slept but things were not the same since last week. i found myself waking up approximately 4.45 am. after 20 minutes of restlessness..i decided to get up and take whuduk..pray. telling myself "Allah gives me chances to wake up and do little extra prayer"...thinking of that, i'm feeling quite contemplated since getting up was a hassle for me..most of the other mornings. alhamdulillah i had the opportunity to do some prayers 3-4 times this week.

in simple language..im turning the "problem" into an opportunity.
yes as what i read in my fave book "Convert a lemon into lemonade"

No comments:

Post a Comment